Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Getting Seuss-ed!

As many know, we've recently moved to a new house.  We started talking it up to Kevin to get him excited about the move and ease any transition anxiety.
We planned to move Kevin from his converted crib into a real bed with the move, so decided to really talk up how exciting it would be for him to get a brand new bedroom.  We gave him several options for the design: Cars, Mickey Mouse, dinosaurs, rocket ships, pirates....and he chose Dr. Seuss. 

After lots of searching, and not wanting the room to look like the great doctor vomited his paraphenalia all over the room, I found some Dr. Seuss ABC sheets, a couple of themed pillows, and a striped comforter that looks like the Cat in the Hat's hat.

I also found removable wall decals with Dr. Seuss characters, and had a quote designed for the wall above the bed.

Less than a week after moving in, the room was painted in the colors Kevin chose (it was originally a disgusting shade of pink), and the walls were decorated.

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with myself and how it came together.  I love it when I have a vision and it actually turns out that way I saw it in my head!

Now.....just to get the other rooms in the house done....

 View of the newly painted wall, and quote above the bed.

 Vinyl wall decals with Dr. Seuss characters.

 The full set up (kid included)

The finished  big boy bed



No comments:

Post a Comment