Saturday, January 8, 2011

Free from all of my hair....

Today I treated myself to a cut and color (yes, I need the color to cover up my *gulp* grey hair) at Depasquale.  Any girls from NJ will know how fabulous teh Depasquale trips are!
And I lost more than 8 inches of hair. 
It's a step in my Freedom transformation.  For at least 4 years now, I have been straightening my naturally curly hair for work.  That's an extra 40 minutes a day to pull out all of my curls with a hair dryer and then flat iron it to smooth it.  WHAT WAS I THINKING?  Well, I thought I "should" have straight hair to look like a professional, and it "should" be brown with blond highlights.  No more - I have dark brown hair (closer to my natural color) that will be short and curly.  I love my new look - and I love that I now have 40 minutes in the morning to spend on the treadmill. Free from a "should" and free from an excuse not to exercise.  
Now I am wondering....what's next?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment