Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bravery and a pair of scissors

The Googled Choice
In a moment of unusual bravery, I decided it was time to get a new hairstyle.  Don’t worry if you remember my January posting…I’m still keeping the curls…but it was time to revisit the length.  So where does any self-respecting, hair adventurist turn for ideas on hairstyles??? GOOGLE!  I walked into my salon with a wish and a photo.


After a touch up on my roots from Jade (my favorite hair stylist at Depasquale), I sat in the chair and watched inches of my hair fall to the floor with every snip of the scissors.  After twenty minutes of cutting and styling (and suppressing myself from screaming at Jade to stop) my new haircut was ready for my big reveal.   I saw myself in the mirror and I HATED it!  It was way too short for the shape of my face, and didn’t have the volume I was looking for. 

I went in the door and the first thing that my husband said to me was “What the hell did you do to your hair??”  And then my toddler just pointed at my head.  AWESOME. That wasn’t what I was going for!!  Although it did validate my own opinion!!  A shower and my own styling techniques later (anyone with curly hair will understand that the hairstylist never really knows how to make it work at a salon), I thought the cut looked a little better.  Now, after one week, I will admit that my new haircut has grown on me (hahahaha!).  Even better, it takes less time to style, and is certainly more environmentally friendly since I don’t have to use a gallon of hairspray every day.
So…realizing that I am putting myself out there in blog-land, I am posting a picture of the new do…with the request for only positive feedback…even if you have to lie to me!!   (This is accompanied with a request for forgiveness....realizing that a self portrait with my mobile phone puts in an uncomfortable category with teenagers on MySpace.)

The New Do

No comments:

Post a Comment