Friday, October 28, 2011

I'm so proud of you....

As I was getting ready for work on Wednesday morning, my little man came up to me and hugged my legs.  He looked up at me and said "I so proud of you, Mommy."

It melted my heart.

And brought tears to my eyes.

Obviously we're using a lot of positive reinforcement with potty training (I get a round of applause every time I pee...), but it was the first time that Kevin gave me the praise that I've been giving him. 

And while it was the first time that he's ever said that back to me, it really did get me thinking.  How is it that my toddler is proud of me, and I am not satisfied?  My husband says it best:  "Johnna, you always have to keep moving on to something new.  New car. New house. New job.  Nothing is every good enough for you to just enjoy."  

Even so, it took a toddler to point it out to me.  I need to stop and reflect, so I can step back and look at everything that I've done in my career, my marriage, and as a mother....and just be PROUD of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment